The BlackPearl Masters Fund
The BlackPearl Masters Fund is a multi strategy, multi manager fund that invests in some of Australia’s best performing hedge funds that primarily focus on equities. The core of the Fund’s strategy is based on making investments in absolute return funds that employ a range of investment strategies, such as equity long short, equity market neutral, event driven and arbitrage. The Fund seeks to generate returns for our investors that have a low correlation to the broader equities market.
All our managers can invest both long and short and as a result have the capability to generate positive returns in both up and down markets, something we see as a large advantage compared to traditional long only approaches. Our funds implement alternative investment and trading strategies that are very difficult and in most cases impossible to replicate by the majority of individual investors.
The hedge funds that the BlackPearl Masters Fund invests in are generally not available to investors through traditional wrap bank platforms or the majority of financial planners. Investors in the BlackPearl Masters Fund have the opportunity to gain exposure to a basket of uncorrelated absolute return funds that possess significant investment competitive advantages which include unique strategies, hard to access corporate networks, exclusive data sets, proprietary quantitative models, proven track records and unconstrained mandates.
The majority of the Fund’s investments are in Australian domiciled hedge funds which invest in both local and international markets. The Investment Manager has the flexibility to take direct investment positions when seeking to manage risk through hedging or to enhance returns when favourable opportunities arise. This structure allows the Fund to be very opportunistic in its investment approach.
- Multi Strategy fund with low correlation to the equity market
- Proven performance track record of underlying hedge funds +16.70% since inception (compounded annually)
- Focus on consistent returns with less risk than the market 80% winning months
- Diversification across securities, geographies but most importantly numerous strategies
- Over 700+ positions both Domestically & Internationally at any given time
- Access a portfolio that is normally only accessible by the ultra-wealthy
- Managed by the “Best of the Best” Hedge Fund managers
- Funds are held in Trust by Sanlam Private Wealth – a multinational financial services company.
Main characteristics of the fund
- Unique Approach. Our investment and trading strategies are very difficult and in some cases impossible to replicate by the majority of investors.
- We employ diverse strategies that have the potential to perform in both rising and falling market conditions
- Our Fund seeks to generate more consistent returns with lower volatility
- We reduce risk by implementing numerous different strategies in the portfolio
- Pure diversification – the fund aims to diversify among many various strategies that generate returns under different market conditions
Safety & Security Metrics – Why clients invest with us
- BlackPearl Masters Fund uses ANZ as its bank
- Sanlam Private Wealth is the Trustee of the BlackPearl Masters Fund
- Sanlam manages $50 billion in funds under management
- Sanlam is Publicly listed on the South African exchange and has a $10 billion Market Cap
- All of the BlackPearl Masters funds only use top tier Prime Brokers such as UBS, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley and Citi Bank
- All of the BlackPearl Masters funds only use top tier auditors including Ernest and Young and Price Waterhouse Coopers
- No lock up period for investors